Frequently asked questions
- When is the sculpture park open?
- Summer (July – September) 10am – 9pm
- Winter (October – June) 10am – 5pm
- Do you have to pay to visit the sculpture exhibition?
Yes – Entry is £5 per person. Visitors must pre-book tickets online to attend and visit reception in the hotel to get a map and a wristband.
- Do I need to pay to visit the exhibition if I have a table in the restaurant?
If you wish to tour the sculpture exhibition you need to book your tickets here.
- Can I just come for drinks?
Yes, our bar is open 11am – 11pm. If you aren’t attending the exhibition please access the hotel via the road.
- Can I bring a picnic?
Only food purchased from the estate can be consumed on site. Our cafe/deli sells delicious picnic hampers.
- Are dogs allowed?
Not in the hotel bedrooms but they are allowed on leads around the gardens and in the lounges but not the restaurant.
- Is there parking?
Yes, we have a 60 vehicle car park. Visitors who have mobility issues can be dropped off at the hotel car park.
- If I am staying in the hotel do I need to buy tickets for the sculpture exhibition?
No – one of the hotel guest benefits is free access to the sculpture park throughout your stay.
- Are children allowed to stay at the hotel?
Broomhill Art Hotel is an adult hotel.
- Are children allowed to dine in the restaurant?
We do not provide a children’s menu. Considering guest feedback, we only accept children of dining age in the restaurant, however, if there are unavoidable circumstances, please reach out to us to discuss. We are a very small restaurant and therefore do not have capacity to accommodate non-dining guests.
- Are dogs allowed to stay at the hotel?
- I have dietary requirements – can you accommodate me?
When making a booking, please inform us if you are vegetarian or have any dietary requirements as we need to know in advance so that we can prepare an appropriate menu. With a minimum of 24 hours notice, we can adapt to most dietary requirements.
- Is the estate accessible for people with limited mobility?
- The sculpture park lies in a woodland valley and only certain sections of the gardens (the lower meadows) are accessible, therefore we allow guests in wheelchairs to visit free of charge.
- The ground floor of the hotel is accessible and includes the restaurant, bars, lounges and event spaces. Please call ahead so that we can be prepared.
- The hotel bedrooms are on the 1st floor and not accessible to those in wheelchairs as the only access is via a staircase.
- How do I access the estate by public transport?
Bus route 301 click here to check times.
- How easy is it to maneuver a buggy around the exhibition?
Much like with wheelchair access, only the lower levels are flat and stable land – we are in the heart of an ancient forest with wild woodland which includes, meandering paths, steps and slopes and sometimes mud!
- What’s on at Broomhill Estate, do you host events?
Yes, we host a plethora of events, workshops and activities. Click here to see what’s on?
- Who made all the art at Broomhill Estate?
The collection features works from a range of established and emerging artists from around the world.
- Is the art for sale?
Yes – almost everything is for sale.
- Can I get married at Broomhill Estate?
Yes, we are a licensed wedding venue. Find out more here.
- I love Broomhill Estate so much, I want to come back regularly, do you offer membership?
Yes, in 2022 we started an annual visitor pass.