National Sculpture Prize, Broomhill Art Hotel, Muddiford, Barnstaple, EX31 4EX
- The competition is open to amateur and emerging UK-based sculptors.
- The proposal must be for a brand new sculpture. Work that has already been constructed will not be accepted.
- The entrant may enter a maximum of one sculpture proposal.
- The proposal must outline the original work of the sculptor named on the registration form.
- The entrant undertakes that the work is of their own origination and that they hold all moral and intellectual property rights to that work.
- The entrant accepts, by signing the registration form, that the proposal and sculpture, if short-listed, is entered at the sculptor’s risk. The organisers are not liable for any loss or damage incurred to the pieces either in transit or to and from the exhibition, or during any period of storage, packing or unpacking, or in any period in which the work is in their keeping.
- The entrant accepts that their sculpture submitted will be available for sale in the exhibition and that Broomhill Estate will take Sales commission of 30%.
- The entrant accepts that if they are VAT registered, that this will also be included in the price of the work, stated by the artist on the proposal form.
- If selected for the exhibition, the entrant agrees to the reproduction of their work in association with the exhibition including but not limited to press, publicity, website and catalogue.
- The 10 short-listed artists will each receive £2,500 contributions toward creating their final piece, as well as transporting it to and from Broomhill Estate. (Artists are fully welcome to find sponsors to assist them in realising their project.)
- The 10 sculptors selected for the shortlist will be notified in April 2021. If selected, they will then be required to organise the delivery of their own work to Broomhill Estate by mid-June 2021 and install their piece within a two-day time period. For this to work, we recommend having your sculpture completed by the end of May 2021.
- All finalists are expected to track their work in progress either through a blog or social media posts.
- The 10 short-listed sculptures must be available to Broomhill Estate until April 2022.
- The two winning pieces will remain property of Broomhill Estate.
- The overall winner, chosen by a panel of expert judges, will secure a cash prize of £10,000. The overall winner is also allocated an additional £5,000 investment to create an additional sculpture to be made after the winner is announced (the full £5,000 must go towards material and fabrication of the piece)
< BACK TO HOME PAGE
© Copyright Frictionless Fine Arts 2021. All Rights Reserved.